Answers to the most common Shining Force questions are below. If you can’t find your answer here, try searching the site.
- How do I complete Chapter One / What do I do after the battle in Alterone?
- Where do I find Musashi, the secret Samurai?
- Where do I find Hanzou, the secret Ninja?
- How do I get Jogurt to join?
- Does Boken ever join the Force?
- Where can I find all of the Useless Items?
- Where can I buy Shining Force?
- Where can I find a ROM of Shining Force?
- How do I get to the chest on the small island in the water in Alterone?
A lot of people seem to have trouble with this, but if you listen to the King in Alterone, the answer will be clear. He mentions the dragon’s head, and this is what you need to find. Just wander around the left-hand pools inside the castle and you’ll find it. Search it and you’ll find a chain which you can pull. When you pull it, you’ll find a tunnel which leads to Chapter Two.
2. Where do I find Musashi, the secret Samurai?
When you reach the town of Prompt in Chapter 7, to the south-west of the town you’ll see a house with 2 doors. Between these doors is a small sign, read it and it’ll tell you Musashi is waiting at HQ.
3. Where do I find Hanzou, the secret Ninja?
anzou the Ninja is found in the town of Runefaust in Chapter 8. In the bushes on the right hand side of the town you’ll see something that looks like a throwing star. Search it and Hanzou will wait for you at HQ.
4. How do I get Jogurt to join?
Just below and to the right of Gong’s hut is where you first happen upon this strange apparition, talk to him. Later in the first Pao when you enter the temple he appears prone in the top left of your screen. Approach the bed in the corner and he stands up and promptly falls down again. He has now joined the Shining Force!
6. Where can I find all of the Useless Items?
Have a look on the Items List and you’ll find the locations listed there!
8. Where can I find a ROM of Shining Force?
Have a look on EmuParadise.
9. How do I get to the chest on the small island in the water in Alterone?
Push the cart into the girl at the water’s edge. She’ll be angry that you splashed mud on her new dress, and will push you into the water. You can then get to the chest and open it (Power Potion), and then get back to dry land.